Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baby Gift Reveal...Part 1

Yesterday was the baby shower and I am really really happy with how the gifts I made for Tara came out! Initially, it was a three part gift, but I ran out of time and didn't get to the third part. One out of two, isn't bad, right?

Here's a pic of Jay and I with the mommy to be!

For the first part, it took me about 3 weeks to finish it. I started in back in early July and leisurely worked on it and was thrilled with the result!

From three balls of yarn, I created a cozy baby afghan using this easy and cute pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.

The flower in the middle of the afghan was a deviation I decided to add in last minute to give the blanket some extra pizazz and texture.

I also didn't like the edging that they had with the pattern, so I changed it and did a basic shell edging around the whole blanket.


I hope you like it!!

Stayed tuned for Part Two...here's a clue...

No comments:

Post a Comment