Monday, August 2, 2010

Rooftops of Tehran


So, this weekend didn't quite turn out as I wanted. Meaning, no ube cupcakes and I didn't make it out to the SF Renegade Craft fair...Ah well. But, I did finish Rooftops of Tehran, by Mahbod Seraji. What a wonderful, wonderful book! It only took me 2 nights to read it! This book took me on a roller coaster of emotions. It is brilliant, funny, suspenseful, but overall a truly a heart warming & thought provoking book.

It follows the friendship of two young boys in Tehran during 1973. As they enter their final year of high school, they embark on a journey of finding their true selves, while finding their first loves and testing the social, political, and cultural norms of the times. This books shows the strength of the human spirit, when it is faced with love, tragedy, loss, and choosing between right and wrong.

Recommended: Yes! Yes! Yes!

1 comment: